Center for Technology Licensing (CTL) Office Hours at Weil Hall
Location: Weill Hall 421
Time: Tuesday, May 16, 1:00 – 3:00 PM
Have questions about your intellectual property, and how Cornell can protect it? A CTL licensing staff member will be on hand to assist walk-in inventors with their questions about the patentability of their technology. No appointment needed! http://www.biotech.cornell.edu/cat/events
Open to: All
Networking@Rev: Women in Entrepreneurship
Location: Rev: Ithaca Startup Works
Time: May 24, 6:00 – 8:30 PM
For May’s Networking@Rev, we’re gathering to celebrate women in entrepreneurship in our community. Join us to:
- Hear from local speakers Mary Opperman (Cornell’s Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer), Heather Lane (local entrepreneur and owner of Purity Ice Cream), and Bob Case (Business Banking Relationship Manager, M&T Bank).
- Discuss what it means to have a thriving startup community, and what can all community members do to support a diverse business network.
- Hear pitches from Rev’s 2017 Passenger to Pilot graduates as they complete a year-long business development program.
- Enjoy networking and refreshments, like all Networking@Rev events!
RSVP today and join us for this free event! If you need accommodations to attend this event, please contact Kristin Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open to: All
UVANY Money and Politics: Building High Growth Companies Today
Location: Coltivare, 235 S. Cayuga Street, Ithaca NY, 14850
Time: May 30, 2:30 – 8:00 PM
Join investors, business and political leaders discussing trends and policies impacting the development of high growth businesses today.
We’ll start with a tour of downtown Ithaca’s start-up hotspots, and wind up hearing from national, regional and local leaders on how politics and policies impact venture capital investment.
- Expert commentary from the NVCA (National Venture Capital Association)
- Panel discussion with national, regional and local leaders
- Quality networking with investors, executives and professionals
- Walking tour of Ithaca’s start-up hotspots
The panel will include experts from the NVCA and local businesses, as well as political and venture capital investor perspectives.
Coltivare is a great venue featuring a seasonal menu. We’ll have an open bar with locally-sourced beverages, live entertainment and great relationship building with the investment community from across New York State. RSVP
Open to: All
Women in Tech: Soup to Nuts, Entity Formation to Exit with Christine O’Connor
Location: Rev: Ithaca Startup Works, 314 E. State Street, Ithaca, NY 14850
Time: June 1, 5:00 – 6:30 PM
We are excited to bring to you a presentation that will teach you the basics of everything from setting up your company to raising money to selling your company. We’ll start with an overview of choosing the right entity type for your business, setting up basic agreements among founders, and classifying and incentivizing employees. Then we’ll delve into raising money, and the differences between convertible debt and preferred stock. We’ll wrap things up by discussing different exit strategies. We look forward to seeing you there!
Presented by Christine O’Connor, an attorney with Harter Secrest & Emery LLP who specializes in venture capital and mergers and acquisitions. http://www.hselaw.com/people/36-christine-m-oconnor
Open to: All
Innovations in Food Systems: Feeding a Growing World – a CTL Partnership Forum
Location: Biotechnology Building, Room G10
Time: Wednesday, June 7, Full-Day Event
The CTL Partnership Forum entitled “Innovations in Food Systems: Feeding a Growing World” will bring together leaders from industry, the investment community, and academia to explore current topics and trends in agriculture and animal production to meet the challenges of feeding 9 billion.
Join us to explore key topics including:
- Digital Agriculture
- Biotechnology in Plants
- Plant Breeding
- Microbiome for Food Production Solutions
- …and much more!
For more information and to register, please visit http://www.ctl.cornell.edu/events/ifs/
Open to: All – Advanced registration is required.